What is Occupational Therapy
Pediatric occupational therapy supports a child’s ability to participate in daily activities through skill attainment and environment modification. Your child’s life is made up of occupations, or everyday activities, that include playing, learning, sleeping and resting, interacting with friends, getting dressed, feeding, and other daily activities. Occupational therapists strive to assist your child live life to its fullest!
Areas addressed by OT:
- Play skills
- Self-care skills- getting dressed, grooming, bathing
- Feeding and eating
- Behavior and attention
- Sleep and rest
- Toileting and potty training
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Genetic Conditions
- Developmental Delay
Would my child benefit from OT?
Your child may benefit from OT if they have:
- overall developmental delay
- fine motor delays (strength, grasp patterns, manual dexterity)
- visual motor and/or visual perceptual delays
- consistent meltdowns / inability to self-regulate
- sensory processing delays
- very picky eating, feeding difficulties
- poor strength, coordination, balance
- trouble with handwriting, coloring, drawing, cutting
- poor attention / inability to focus for appropriate amounts of time
Handwriting Without Tears™
Insight Therapy Center has an occupational therapist who is trained and certified in the Handwriting Without Tears™ program. Handwriting Without Tears™ is a hands-on approach that engages the child and makes learning to write fun and successful. HWT covers Pre-K through 5th grade handwriting and teaches both print and cursive. The combination of active teaching and interactive activities make it a successful tool for teaching children to write. It is easily adaptable to all levels of writing and learning abilities and also addresses the physical approaches to writing including grip and posture.
What our clients say
The team at Insight has been such a blessing to our family. We have seen huge gains in development, which is a true testament to the wonderful care given by Mary Morgan and Reagan. Mary Morgan and Reagan are compassionate and eager to help our son reach his goals. We couldn’t ask for more.
Insight Therapy Center has been the best experience. My 7 year old son has blossomed under the care and encouragement of these truly amazing people. Thank you for all of your patience, inspiration, and hard work. We are blessed to have such wonderful people supporting our family and our community.